Workplace Stress is something that organisations of all sizes are tackling on a more regular basis, particularly in a tough economic climate.
Over the last decade work related stress has consistently accounted for approximately 40% of all work related illness, and although some industries are more prone to suffer than others, external factors can contribute to the onset of stress in an employee in any industry.
Managing Stress in Your Organisation
How can you manage stress in your organisation? This is where many organisations struggle to act, whether it’s the consideration of a large and diverse workforce or time and financial constraints.
There is no one solution that fits all, but tailored doesn’t have to be complicated or expensive.
What are you looking to achieve from implementing a policy to manage Workplace Stress?
- Improve workforce efficiency.
- Reduce Stress.
- Reduce the impact of stress absenteeism on the workforce.
- Be seen as a caring employer.
- Be compliant with legislation
- Reduce the risk of compensation claims
- Understanding what you are trying to achieve is the first step in finding the solution that will work for your organisation.
Why You Need to Act Now!
Stress in the workplace can have a massive affect (both seen and unseen) on the employees in your organisation.
- Increased absenteeism and presenteeism.
- Increased staff turnover.
- Reduced productivity.
- Vulnerable to legal claims.
- In breach of legislation and/or HSE guidelines
- If any of the above happen to your organisation the impact could be significant. Resilient People have a range of solutions which we have developed over the years which we can implement and adapt to your organisations’ needs.
Our Approach to Managing Stress in the Workplace
Every organisation tends to require a slightly different solution regardless of their size or industry. It is for this reason that Resilient People will work closely with you throughout the process to implement a stress management strategy in your organisation, ensuring you get the results you need.
Our solutions can comprise any of the following:
Focus groups to establish the extent of any problem before deciding on intervention.
Interactive, audience appropriate face to face training aimed at specific levels within the organisation.
Online Solutions including our popular Health Manager, which allows flexible access and provides on-going support.
Our aim is to provide you with a complete ‘best value’ solution allowing you to manage stress in your workplace and achieve the agreed outcomes.
The Benefits to Managing Stress in the Workplace with Resilient People
Over the years we have consistently worked with clients in a range of industries to help improve their understanding of stress (both work and non-work related), how to identify it and how to deal with it effectively.
Our flexible solutions built around your needs are aimed not just at dealing with current issues, but with providing the skills and knowledge to improve management processes for dealing with stress in the future.
The outcomes with our clients have included;
- An increase in performance and motivation.
- Smoother transition in times of change/adversity.
- A reduction in potential claims for work related stress.