WHAT IS STRESS?
We all talk about stress, and being stress free but what does it actually mean?
People use the term stress to describe the feeling they have when it all seems too much, when they are overloaded and don’t feel that they are able to meet all the demands placed upon them. That’s not to say that a bit of pressure isn’t good for you. Some pressure is inevitable. But it’s important to know the difference between pressure and stress. Problems arise when the pressure you’re under is more than you are able to cope with. Am I stressed? If you think you might be experiencing stress ask yourself the following questions:
- Are you angry and impatient with people close to you?
- Do you feel close to tears over small events?
- Are you behaving differently from usual?
- Do you feel isolated from people around you?
- Is your self-esteem at rock bottom?
WHAT ARE THE PHYSICAL SYMPTOMS OF STRESS?
- Loss of appetite or irregular eating
- Panic attacks and difficulty breathing
- Tight, knotty feelings in your stomach
- Low energy and lack of concentration
- Loss of interest in things around you
HOW CAN RESILIENT PEOPLE HELP?
Resilient People is solely dedicated to helping individuals recognise, respond to and resolve the effects of stress in their everyday lives. We operate a team of professional trainers across the UK who are there to work with employers who want to minimise the burden stress places on their organisation and staff.